Sealing Of Records in Denver and Colorado Springs

Sealing of Criminal Records & Expungement of Criminal Convictions

The following are types of records that can be sealed in the state of Colorado:

  • Adult Criminal Justice records: Records pertaining to adult (over 18 years of age or not brought before a juvenile court) arrests, investigations, criminal court cases are adult criminal justice records. Many restrictions apply to having such records sealed.
  • Underage Drinking and Driving Conviction: A conviction for underage drinking and driving with a BAC (blood alcohol content) of greater than .02 but no more than .05 is a “UDD” conviction. State law allows sealing of such convictions but only under certain conditions.
  • Juvenile records: adjudication records of juvenile courts can also be sealed or expunged. Such records are those pertaining to incidents that occurred before the person in interest reached the age of 18 and no charges were brought in an adult criminal court. Please call for more information.

Criminal conviction records can be sealed if you meet the two requirements listed below:

  1. Ten or more years have passed from the final disposition of all criminal proceedings, including any period of probation….meaning probation is successfully terminated;
  2. You have not been charged or convicted for a criminal offense in the ten or more years since the date of the final disposition of all criminal proceedings, including any period of probation.

Related Articles:

Only people convicted of the following offenses are eligible to petition to seal the conviction:

  • Any petty offense
  • Any misdemeanor in violation of article 18 of title 18
  • Any class 5 or class 6 felony in violation of article 18 of title 18 EXCEPT if the conviction was for the sale, manufacturing or dispensing of a controlled substance as defined at §18-18-102(5), C.R.S. or attempt of those offenses or for possession with intent to manufacture, dispense or sell a controlled substance.In cases involving a criminal conviction, you must obtain the permission of the prosecuting district attorney before you can petition to seal a conviction record.
Sealing of Records

Important Articles

Is Sexual Harassment a Criminal Offense?

5 Reasons You Don’t Want a DUI

DUI Attorney Costs in Denver and Colorado Springs

Client Testimonials

  • If you don’t have the right representation, you’ll get run over. I recommend Robert Biondino as the toughest, most experienced DUI Lawyer.

    • Faith in Biondino I’ve used Biondino law firm twice and each time I’ve put my trust and faith in their hands I’ve came out on top I wouldn’t hesitate to call on them if I ever needed them again.